Last Modified: October 2016
Charity on Top, PBC (dba in California as: Charity On Top, Inc) and Charity On Top
Foundation, Inc., ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy
and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may
provide when you visit the website charityontop.org (our "Website") and our
practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you may be available from this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and
- Any other sources [e.g., at point of sale if physical purchase?]
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by
Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any
application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or
on the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your
information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices,
your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this
Policy). Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance
of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may
provide any [personal] information to [or on] the Website. We do not knowingly collect
personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not [use or provide any
information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website,
make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment
features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your
name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may
use]. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13
without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we
might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at
inquire / charityontop, com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address,
telephone number, social security number, any other information the website collects
that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable
law, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal
- that is about you but individually does not directly identify you; or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may
include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and
other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes
information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our
services, purchasing our products or services, posting material, or requesting further
services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion
sponsored by us, and] when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your
orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order
through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Confirmation of a redeemed card to the original buyer by notification.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter,
"posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of
the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your
User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot
control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your
User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions
will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection
technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs,
redemption information, charity selection, and other communication data and the
resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address,
operating system, and browser type.
[We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over
time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). You may
not opt out of behavioral tracking on this website.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal
information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in
other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver
a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according
to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the
hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the
appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be
unable to access certain parts of our Website. Unless you have adjusted your browser
your browser to our Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored
objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and
navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same
browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your
privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and
Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small
electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and
single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited
those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example,
recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Website are served by
third-parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and
beacons or other tracking technologies] to collect information about you when you use our
website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or
they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities
over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this
information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you
have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the
responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving
targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and
Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered
into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or
provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and
services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in
this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information,
see Choices About How We Use and
Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements
to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal
information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact
with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not
identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring,
reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Charity on Top,
PBC's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or
similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Charity on Top, PBC about our
Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have either
consented to or not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third
parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for
which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and
Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email
address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the
contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- To permit third-party charities to identify the ultimate source of contributions made
through the Website.
- To facilitate compliance with tax exemption and money laundering laws, and such other
regulations as may affect or govern the transactions conducted through or related to
certain services provided through the Website.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any
government or regulatory request.
other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or
safety of Charity On Top Foundation Inc., and Charity on Top, PBC, our customers, or
others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for
the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to
of this site may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do
not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third
parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your
request to inquire / charityontop, com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your
[email address/contact information] used by the Company to promote our own or third
parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your
request to inquire / charityontop, com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may
send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt
out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product
purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we
collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our
advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can send us an email stating your request
to inquire / charityontop, com.
- We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve
interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to
choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of
receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting
your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at inquire / charityontop, com to request access to, correct or
delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal
information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to
change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or
cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may
remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other
Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California
residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to
third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an
email to inquire / charityontop, com or write us at: Charity On Top 177 E Colorado Blvd, Suite
200 Pasadena, California 91105.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental
loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you
provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and
gift card codes will be encrypted [using SSL technology].
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or
where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are
responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password
with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the
Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any
user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the
security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of
personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any
privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
changes to how we treat our users' personal information, we will notify you by email to the
primary email address specified in your account and through a notice on the Website home
are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for
Charity On Top
177 E. Colorado Blvd, Suite 200
Pasadena, California 91105
inquire / charityontop, com
Or via our toll-free number at 800-569-1029